Sunday, March 23, 2008

Wax: Music's All Around Me



I got a phone call from my uncle this evening who was fixated on this video he saw on youtube. The video featured a Cali emcee/producer named Wax. Wax is not wack, on the contrary he's very ill. Let me take a minute to state how my day began...

My studio has been confined to a single room between the living area and the kitchen of my apartment. When I initially moved here I basically shoved all of my belongings into several boxes with minimal (if any) organization. Today Scarlem D, myself, and my girl renovated the studio from top to bottom. We took everything out, vacuumed, and put everything back. The end result is a cleaner, more creative space.

Back to Wax. I know very little about this chap from Cali other than the fact that he plays guitar, sings, rhymes, and does some entry level video editing. He has a mediocre youtube following with an ample amount of videos to feed the masses. So by the time my uncle hit me up on the phone I was exhausted, but always willing to hear great music.

This video is a perfect example of how thinking outside of the box will enable any creative soul with the ability to project music beyond their regular means. All I can say at this point is that I'm extremely inspired...

Fuck Wax, I'm gonna make 'nuff tracks... Respect Wax, but you know how it goes... You're good, but I know I can do better... Not to say that what he does is sub-par, but at the same time it promotes a conflict of interest... I also produce music, rhyme, sing, play several instruments, and can do some pretty good mediocre video editing....

Am I hating? A little bit... This cat is uber-talented. He makes me want to hit the ASR with 35 beats by the morning... He is doing what some people only dream of. But not me, I live this dream... and Wax is bringing the heat under my ass...

Big up Wax... One thing though, your mom says whats up.

Respect.

MrBlue
www.myspace.com/basementtheory

No comments: